Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Musings - June 18th, 2012


Right now... I am at the computer. Pretty obvious, huh? Well, that's all I can think of at the moment. :P

This weekend was... Great! On Friday we drove three hours (actually, we carpooled with some friends) to Priest Ordinations. We always just call it Ordinations. Anyways, that was really cool. And yesterday we had a bake sale at our church to raise money for our church theater group play "Arsenic and Old Lace". I brought some things for after second mass, and I was the only one who had brought food for after second mass! So it was gone in a hurry. *rolls eyes* :P

Some plans for this week... Well, later this week my family is going to drive down to Colorado for a family reunion on my dad's side! We've never done anything like that before, so it'll definitely be interesting. I'm going to see a bunch of relatives that I barely ever see, and meet a bunch of relatives that I've never really met before. I think it'll be pretty exciting! We're staying at my aunt's house, and it'll be nice to see her and my uncle and my Grandpa again.

I am grateful for... My Catholic faith. I can't even imagine where I would be right now if our family wasn't Catholic! I've made so many good friends through the Catholic homeschool group and through church who I can't imagine life without, that I never would have met if we weren't Catholic. I've gotten to experience things like barn dances and the ordinations of priests and volunteer for quite a few years at the Catholic Vacation Bible School held at a friend's barn, which is always loads of fun. Now I know that I've got to work on showing I'm grateful, by trying to live up to my faith, increasing my spiritual life (I don't pray as much as I should or make as many sacrifices I know I could!) and learn to defend my faith.

Some prayer intentions for this week... For Nadja, who hosts Monday Musings at her blog (link at the bottom). Her father just died recently and I'm sure she could use all the prayers she could get.

Also, that we have a safe drive to and from Colorado and have a good time with my aunt and Grandpa and all my other relatives at the reunion. :)

Something that always makes me smile... This picture. :D


Thanks to Nadja at Patch O' Dirt Farm for hosting!

No comments:

Post a Comment