Monday, June 11, 2012

Modest Monday - the first one!


This is something that was started by a girl whose blog I read started, and I think it's a great idea! Here's her words about why she started this idea about posting a different modest outfit each week:

                                  "I believe you don't have to sacrifice fashion for purity.
Modesty does not = frumpy.

These are outfits I really, truly wear in my day-to-day life. I'm a girl determined to live a life of purity, modesty, and plenty of style.



So many girls feel the need to wear tight, clinging clothes to make a statement. After all...they have to be bold.



Be sexy.



Be different.



That's what the world tells them.



But what is different? Is it looking like every other girl or woman out there who happens to have the same idea? Are skinny jeans or wearing only a tank top for a shirt actually original?



Hardly.



I said last week that modesty is liberating - and this is true! When you are properly covered, you don't have to worry about shirts riding up, jeans/skirts sliding down, or the neck of your top gaping.



When modesty is your first priority, your outfit becomes something you can move with ease and comfort in. And when you're comfortable, your style shines through. You're not preoccupied with making sure your clothes don't start misbehaving. You can dress with as much chicness, cuteness...or attitude as you want."

So, here's the outfit that I wore today.


              (Please ignore the bleh which is my outfit-photogenicness. Emphasis on the BLEH. :P)

I've had this skirt for a few years and I didn't wear it much. The shirt (which is pink, in case your screen is really bright like mine and it makes the shirt look mostly white, but it's pink) I got for Easter a few years ago and wore it a few times, and then we moved and the shirt was packed away and somehow the next time I found it part of one sleeve was stained green. O.o So I didn't wear it much. But then I got the black shrug really cheap from Savers, our local "Thrift Department Store", and discovered this outfit! :D The shrug covers the sleeve nicely, and makes sure there isn't too much pink, and the pink of the shirt compliments the bits of pink in the skirt. It's colorful and really fun to wear!


I look silly here. But this is the next best picture I had of the outfit. :P

My usual style is pretty sophisticated, I think. I don't like looking really sloppy, and I like looking pretty and feminine. Shrugs and scarves are my favorite accessories to wear!

The hardest part about being modest for me is probably finding things that aren't too low in the neckline or too short. I'm constantly going to the stores, seeing something and exclaiming "Oh, that is SO cute! But it's too low..." or "Ohmygosh, I LOVE that!.... if only it were longer." I need to learn how to sew so I can make my own clothes. :P

I was too late to actually link up, but I wanted to do this, so I'm just going to post the link to Raewyn's blog post today. :)


And now, my traditional random picture. :D


One of our new kittens we got last Saturday (June 1st)! Since they're still so small but we're going to keep them outdoor cats, we set up a playpen to keep them in so they wouldn't wander away and get caught by a wandering critter or anything. The kitty looks like he's looking out of a jail cell or something! :P

And so you can see both of the kittens, here's a bonus picture. :)


The one one the left (who was looking out of the jail cell :P) is Ferb, and the one on the right is Phineas. Phineas and Ferb! :D Named after the two main characters of our family's favorite cartoon. Since these two kittens are both 7-week-old brothers, we felt we had to name them as a brother duo. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment