Thursday, February 2, 2012

And now I am back, after neglecting my poor blog for nearly a month! *waits for applause. Hears nothing but crickets chirping* Aw, nuts. :P

So, things that have been happening lately.... well, I've been super duper uber busy, what with going to band on Wednesdays, and having my online computer course classes at home and writing classes going to a homeschooling friend's house both on Tuesdays, and then all the homework for those things, and knitting projects, and eating, and sleeping.... and reading and being lazy. Sometimes I know I am super busy, or anyways I am supposed to be, but I put off doing things so I'm not really busy. That is, until I do things last minute. Rather a bad strategy....

Yes, I am babbling. I apologize.

I really don't know what to say now. So I guess I will tell more about myself.

About band.... I play flute and this is my 6th year of playing flute in the homeschool group band. It is a ton of fun, although the songs this year are a real challenge. But, I do enjoy a challenge! One of the songs is a five-flute ensemble piece of "Over the Rainbow" with four of us more experienced flutes plus our band director who's taking on the fifth part, and I have a solo! Aaah! But I've already got it down, and it's such a fun piece, really jazzy!

Another instrument I've been playing for quite a while is piano. I started playing piano a year before I took up flute. I remember when I was younger and I wanted to learn flute, but I ended up learning piano first. :P But I absolutely love playing the piano. I love being able to pour out my emotions into it; whether I'm angry and so playing a really fast flying-fingers type piece, or maybe sad or thoughtful and playing Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata". Or feeling happy and bubbly and just playing whatever comes to mind.

Well, that is all I can think of for now - not particularly interesting - so, au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment